Today is random day - at least in my house. I feel like I've complained a lot about my busy life. Like I'm the only one in the universe with that problem. But starting yesterday, I've been able to catch my breath. Yesterday, after the kids went to school, I stayed in my pajamas, answered emails then went back to bed.
It was AWESOME. As in, it inspired awe. It also inspired a desire to do it every day. Like that'll happen.
So, while I may have been able to catch my breath, my brain is still circling itself, trying to find sane and rational things to think about. Again - like that'll happen.
So, there will be no logical, reasonable blogging today. Instead, you'll get a kind of jumbled, random, stream-of-consciousness series of thoughts or, as I like to call it, Drive-By Blogging. Ready?
1. I think I've gained 10 lbs in the last 2 weeks. I no longer hear a choir of angels when I see the Nutella jar in my pantry.
2. The number of Nerf bullets I find in my houseplants is directly related to the number of glasses of wine I drink. Right now the ratio is 1:1.
3. If your kid eats Red Vines and then hurls, the red throw-up stain will never come out of your carpet. Ever. Even after 7 years.
4. We don't have Red Vines in our house anymore.
5. Why, in the name of all that is good and right, would I put on 10 lbs.? Did I not, literally, work my tail off for a good 5 months, training for Portland to Coast and the Portland Half Marathon? Why do I do this to myself?
6. When I put on weight I feel bad. Then I eat more Nutella to make me feel better. Which works for about 10 minutes.
7. I'm not buying any more Nutella, no matter how much it begs and promises and whispers sweet nothings in my ear when I'm grocery shopping at Walmart.
8. I need therapy. Something with a little more credibility than wine.
9. The Canon D60 is a SWEET camera.
10. The Canon D60 costs $1200.
11. I'll never have a Canon D60.
12. Why do cats catch mice then eat everything but the stomachs and heads?
13. I have a mouse head collection in my backyard.
14. I wonder if I could sell mouse heads on eBay?
15. It's 7-1/2 weeks til Christmas.
16. I'm going to give Nutella as Christmas gifts.
Goodbye. It's been nice knowing you.